Home Caregiver Careers
Be Part of the Senior Nannies Home Care Difference
We’re always looking for the perfect home caregiver match—RNs, LPNs, CNAs and HHAs with impeccable skills and experience who get satisfaction every day from helping people live healthier, better-quality lives!
At Senior Nannies that means more than just screening candidates for the training, technical skills and experience necessary to be a highly qualified and competent caregiver…It’s also about the human side—how well you relate to people, your reliability and integrity, and your capacity for patience, compassion and understanding.
Professional & Personal Compatibility
Working in a home and becoming part of a person’s life is a privilege as well as a responsibility. Every day we make it possible for individuals to extend their independence and age safely, with grace and dignity, in the comfort and familiarity of the home that they know. At the same time, we bring peace of mind to their family and friends—especially those living at a distance—who are concerned for their loved one’s welfare but constrained by the demands in their own lives.
Coming to terms with the limitations of aging can be difficult for adults who are accustomed to grooming, dressing, eating, driving themselves and performing other activities of daily living unaided. With compassion, patience and respect for their privacy and dignity, Senior Nannies caregivers help individuals make the transition more smoothly—minimizing the emotional effects, as well as impact on their daily lives. By being companions as well as caregivers, we can allay loneliness and depression that are also risks for older individuals.
Senior Nannies’ 5-Star Perfect Match Guarantee is a commitment to clients that begins with our rigorous screening process. It is detailed and thorough so we can be confident in your ability to capably represent Senior Nannies in every aspect of our commitment to families and the loved ones whose well-being has been entrusted to us.
Besides verifying your professional credentials and eligibility for work, if you will be providing personal home care services (custodial care), we like to know about your interests, hobbies, travel, life experiences…details that can help us make the best referrals for personal care and companionship based on the unique personalities of each client. Knowing more about you on a personal level also helps us identify referral opportunities that are most likely to be a great fit for you.
- 1. Submission of a completed application that introduces your qualifications and allows us to review your education and training, work history, experience level, credentialing/licensure, and special skills (proficiency with English required)
- 2. Telephone/in-person interviews that give us deeper insight into whether we’re a good fit for each other
- 3. Verification of identity, work eligibility
- 4. Licensure and credentialing verification; domestic violence certificate, HIV/AIDS certificate, OSHA certificate, assisting with self-medication certificate; CPR card; driver’s license and vehicle registration where appropriate for transportation care responsibilities
- 5. Criminal background check (Level 2 background check as defined by Florida statute, including state and national fingerprint-based check)
- 6. References checks – work and personal
- 7. Medical assessments – physical exam, TB test/chest x-ray
- 8. Assessment of professional competencies/skills sets, including knowledge of CPR, experience with various health conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease/dementia, Parkinson’s, congestive heart failure (CHF) or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- 9. Assessment of personal attributes (dependability, integrity, good judgment/decision-making, congeniality/temperament, courtesy, compassion)
- 10. When all of those requirements are met, caregivers participate in an orientation that reviews Senior Nannies’ values, policies and procedures as well as state requirements.
To help you be the best in your profession and give you insights into your performance, caregivers are periodically assessed and receive feedback and guidance through quality assurance reviews, spot checks and client comments/evaluations.
Apply Now to Be a Senior Nannies In-Home Caregiver.
Senior Nannies has been caring for clients throughout south Florida since 2007. We’re always looking for talented, experienced, compassionate in-home caregivers and offer competitive pay and flexible scheduling. To learn more about the opportunities with Senior Nannies for RNs, LPNs, CNAs, HHAs and to apply, click here or call 954-733-5444 or 1-800-748-2129.