Home Care Service Providers For Other Health Conditions
At-home care and help for joint replacement recovery, hip and falls, cancer and other conditions like COPD, arthritis and diabetes that interfere with normal activities.
Many older adults prefer to stay at home for as long as possible, but age-related and recurring or worsening chronic conditions such as the following can make that more difficult by interfering with activities of daily living and complicating the process of running a household and living independently:
- • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD),
asthma, other respiratory disorders
- • Cancer
- • Joint replacement – hip, knee, shoulder
- • Falls
- • Arthritis
- • Chronic pain
Senior Nannies can connect you with prescreened, reliable home caregivers who understand the challenges of aging and chronic disease and can help your spouse, parent or other loved one maintain his or her independence in the comfortable and familiar surroundings of home.
Personal home care services that caregivers from Senior Nannies commonly provide to support individuals who are recovering from surgery or illness and those whose activities are restricted due to age-related or worsening chronic health conditions include:
- • Companionship – interpersonal cognitive stimulation, facilitation of physical activity, and intervention for loneliness and depression
- • Personal care assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as hygiene/bathing/grooming, transferring/positioning, mobility/walking, toileting/incontinence, and eating
- • Personal care assistance with instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) such as meal planning, cooking, light housekeeping, laundry, pet and plant care, transportation, errands, shopping, doctor and other appointments
Personal home care services (also referred to as “custodial care”) can be provided on a part-time basis—typically 4 to 6 hours a day—in shifts, overnight, and on a full-time basis. For more information on non-medical in-home personal care, visit the Home Care Services section of this website.
If medically necessary skilled nursing care for a loved one is required, Senior Nannies also refers skilled licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) with the training and experience appropriate for your loved one’s special medical needs to provide excellent, individualized in-home health care. For more information, visit the Skilled Nursing Services section of this website.
Arrange In-Home Care Now. Call 1(800)748-2129.
To engage professional, reliable in-home care appropriate to the needs of your spouse, parent, or other loved one, click here or call 1-800-748-2129.
To Arrange In-Home Care, Call 1(800)748-2129.