Affordable Solutions for Home Care Needs
Senior Nannies will work with you and your parent, spouse or other loved one to create an excellent and affordable home care plan that meets his or her needs. Our Care Service Advisors can also help you navigate the options for covering the costs of that in-home care.
The Senior Nannies Difference: Ongoing “Back Office” Support
The added value of working with Senior Nannies when arranging home care for a loved one includes the significant administrative support we provide. In addition to helping you to engage a pre-screened, reliable caregiver personally matched for your loved one and to manage the scheduling and delivery of care (including responsibility for finding backup care), we provide “The Family Room” so that you can manage scheduling, communication and payments. Our back office can also help and assist you.
- • Assist with identifying options available to your parent, spouse or other loved one to help cover the costs of in-home care
- • Aid with understanding insurance eligibility, benefits and coverage terms
- • Help eligible families apply for the Veterans Pension Aid & Attendance benefit (which many veterans and their families aren’t aware of or don’t realize they qualify for)
- • Provide detailed billing records
Our back office support saves our clients time and can relieve you of ongoing responsibilities. The efficiencies achieved and a keen attention to detail on billing can also reduce the overall costs of care. This level of support is an important differentiator to consider when working with Senior Nannies.
Financing Options for In-Home Care
There are several options for covering the costs of medical and/or non-medical care home care provided by caregivers referred by Senior Nannies. We summarize the main ones below and encourage you to call Senior Nannies at 1-800-748-2129 to speak with a Senior Care Specialist who can give you more guidance on the financial aspects of arranging home care and explain how we can help.
Veterans BenefitsYesPersonal Home CareSkilled Home Health CareYes
Long-Term Care InsuranceYesYes
Medicare, Private Health InsuranceNoYes
Veterans and their spouses may be eligible for a wide range of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, including home health care, non-medical personal home care, and senior housing. In order to qualify, three main criteria must be met:
- • Must be a veteran or surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days of active duty with at least 1 day during a wartime and was honorably discharged
- • Must show a need for assistance in the home due to an illness or other condition that impedes your lifestyle
- • Must demonstrate a financial need (the inability to afford the care without the VA benefit)
Surviving Spouse$1,209New Rates
Single Veteran$1,881Married Veteran(spouse needs care)$2,230Married Veteran(with care needs)$2,958
As a Veterans Home Care Partner, Senior Nannies can assist with the complicated VA Aid & Attendance application process, and in some instances we can refer care providers before the benefit is approved. Senior Nannies has helped hundreds of veterans and their families establish eligibility for home care-related VA benefits, including the Aid & Attendance benefit. We may be able to start referring care providers in as little as a week after the application has been submitted, and typically have the benefit initiated in 30 days or less. This compares very favorably with the reported 6 to 9 months it can take for the benefit to be approved.